The doctor will give you prescriptions before you leave the hospital.
It is important to have your insurance cards with you to help speed up the filling of your
prescriptions. Take the medicine exactly as your doctor prescribes. Keep a current list of your
medicines, dosages, and times to be taken in your wallet or purse. Do not take other medicines
without telling your doctor. Additional information about your medicines will be provided by your nurse
or pharmacist before you are discharged.
It is important to understand that medicines can cause SIDE EFFECTS.
If you have any of the following side effects of medicines, you should call your physician's office.
- Excessive nausea, diarrhea, constipation, or stomach pain
- Dizzy or lightheaded when standing
- Tingling in hands and feet
- Extremely slow or fast pulse
- Skin rash
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
Return to Patient Information